English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Course Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane
Students who wish to enrol in EAP will have as their specific study objective to join a college or university for further study. The focus of the EAP course is develop the skills areas in English which will be required to study alongside native speakers in mainstream course areas.
EAP 1 will meet English language requirements for colleges and other RTO private colleges offering VET (Vocational Training) courses. Students will need to reach a level consistent with a minimum 5.5 IELTS score.
Students entering the EAP course at level 2 will be seeking a pass at IELTS 6.0+ in order to enter a tertiary course of their choice. Students graduating from EAP 2 will have a level consistent with a minimum IELTS score of 6.
What do you learn in EAP?
- How to read and understand academic texts
- Operating in a university or college culture
- How to write essays and submit reports to a standard expected by a university or college in an English-speaking country
- How to reference texts correctly and how not to plagiarize
- How to give a successful presentation and how to conduct a follow-up discussion
- How to deal with high level tasks at college or university level with confidence….
Click here to see a list of our current partner colleges and universities